Friday, January 9, 2009

Platinum Gold Ruby American Egg Inspired by Faberge

Some say don’t put all your eggs in one basket. Stanislav Kaufman , a jeweler for Van Craeynest does not know this saying. Perhaps he was weary of mundane tasks of the everyday manufacture jeweler. A sort of epiphany seemed to occur. He had an ambition for a challenge. More specifically he longed to emulate a Faberge-style egg and make his own egg. He executed his version in a piercing 12 years. He named it The American Egg, however I want to call it the Regal Awesome Magnificent Egg. My vocabulary is just not extensive enough to send him the praise and accolades that he deserves. Bravo! Just look at this egg. This egg is absolutely stunning. After spending quite a bit of time as a bench jeweler myself I have the upmost respect and admiration for this masterpiece. This must have been an enduring and excruciating task. I want to see it in person. The American Egg is made of nearly 20 ounces of platinum, yellow gold and 3,000 diamonds and rubies. His basket containing one egg is valued at $5 million. I feel that Kaufman far exceeded his ambitions. This is his magnum opus. I must see this egg in real life. Photo from JCK.

No comments: